|I snapped this picture as Mark was driving us to DC around 2 weeks ago.|
Its amazing, I am the teacher and yet I learn more than I teach simply by observing my children while they learn. They are little rays of sunshine that light up my day. Sometimes, people ask me ‘why on Earth’ I home school…..I think, but do not ask….”Why on Earth DON’T you?”. Here are a few answers, for those who may know me and wonder.
1. God called me to this before my first child was born.
2. I love my children, I have vested interest in the outcome of their education.
3. I love my children, I have a vested interest in their safety.
4. The Bible says I should teach my children diligently…..it didn’t say ‘tell the school system to’.
5. I love my children, I want to be an influence on their world view….The PRIMARY influence.
6. I love my children, I choose to invest my time and energy in them.
7. I love my children, I want them to grow in wisdom and knowledge…2 areas schools don’t cover.
8. I love my children, I choose to be responsible for them….I don’t need a free babysitter.
9. I love my children, I want them to grow IN CHRIST…..a 3rd area schools don’t cover.
10.I love my children.
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.